Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2012

the boogeyman

when you ask for a child
pray for a child
all your life
you will sing to the child
push swings for the child
all their life

we'll hide from the boogeyman
you and me
play games on the boogeyman
we'll be free

old stars line up again
line up again tonight
loud cars pull down the lane
shoot down the late
at first light

i am the boogeyman
if you please
just like the boogeyman
i will tease, and tease, and tease...

i held light in my hand
it felt like your hand in july
just you and me and no one to see
no one to see us fight

and laugh like the boogeyman
just let go
cry mad like the boogeyman
getting stoned, and stoned, and stoned....

we'll hide from the boogeyman
you and me
play games on the boogeyman
we'll be free

years pass and over again
i say over again..."i love you"
what light through window breaks?
i'll never forsake you my son

i'll play the boogeyman if you please
play games on the boogeyman, you and me....

No comments:

Post a Comment