Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

maybelline

maybelline, your eyes are green
stuck in the alley, i'm all in between
the thing they call love and the thing they call dreams
an innocent game had dissolved into screams

i'm flying to you
ya know what i mean
flyin to you my maybelline
flying to you, without any wings
maybelline your eyes are green

been in these parts a mighty long time
stuck in these hills lost in these pines
reading my books writing dirty love songs
she's filling me up she's leading me on

one of these days one of these times
i'll steel up my nerves and i'll take that long ride
i'm head over heels goin out of my mind
she's a helluva girl i'm a helluva liar

braving the wind canadian fire
it's bitter in may and cold in july
i'm holding her hand i look deep in her eyes
girl, i'm mad about you be my mad northern bride

No comments:

Post a Comment