Total Pageviews

Friday, November 30, 2012

swept away (live in garage)



swept away

Live with john/bass and dave/piano in attic of garage
09/2012
Hinesburg, Vt

w/ LuLu serving coffee and assorted caked




There is something in my eyes
I measure every grief I meet
With clocks and spoons and devils feet

With narrow probing eyes
I wonder if it weighs as much as mine
Or is a smaller size

God is growing up above
For those of us who pray
But you could look forever
and never see his face
we are swept away
swept away

I wonder if I can
Wonder if I’ll ever hear replies
If I’ll ever get it right

I’ll play my rival hand
Cover up the visions of the son
And my life a loaded gun

My faith is larger than
The hills, so when the hills decay
A wheel must show the sun the way

This is my silent end
Graceful and mechanical and cold
We watch the times unfold

No comments:

Post a Comment